Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, regrettably we are unable to invite parents into school for a tour of Berkswich CE primary and nursery. We understand that choosing the right setting for your child is one of the most important decisions that you will make in your child’s learning journey. With this in mind, we hope to provide you with a range of opportunities to allow you to gain an insight into life as part of our special Berkswich community and the chance to ask questions. We certainly welcome the opportunity to support and reassure you as you organise your child’s first steps into Nursery and Reception. We are offering virtual meetings to provide an opportunity for new parents to meet our headteacher, EYFS leader and teaching staff. This will provide a great opportunity for you to ask questions and find out about our community and learning at Berkswich CE. Your child is a vital part of this process, and so we welcome them to join in with the meeting.
Tuesday 17th November 9am – 10:30am
Tuesday 1st December 3:30- 5:30pm
Tuesday 8th December 9am – 10:30am
Tuesday 19th January 9am– 10:30am
Tuesday 2nd February 3:30—5:30pm
Tuesday 9th March 9am—10:30 am
To book your ten-minute virtual meeting on one of the following days please call the school office on 01785 337360 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our admissions page to take a closer look at our Nursery and Reception classes, as well as our admissions arrangements. Thank you.
This term we will be going back in time, to an island in the Scilly isles, as we follow Laura on her adventure in 'Zanzibar' by Michael Morpurgo.
Writing, Art and Computing
We will be developing our artistic skills along side our writing. After careful observational drawing of a fruit or vegetable, we will by scanning our sketch into the computer so that we can create a design similar to William Morris. We will be using this art work to create and develop imagery in our writing; considering the atmosphere and development of a story. In order to develop our writing and art unit, we will be using the computers to research, to create our design, to manipulate shapes and edit our final design.
This term we will be learning about fractions, decimals and geometry. This will include:
· Count up and down in hundredths; recognise that hundredths arise when dividing an object by one hundred and dividing tenths by ten. Solve problems involving increasingly harder fractions to calculate quantities, and fractions to divide quantities, including non-unit fractions where the answer is a whole number.
· Add and subtract fractions with the same denominator.
· Recognise and write decimal equivalents of any number of tenths or hundredths.
· Find the effect of dividing a one or two digit number by 10 or 100, identifying the value of the digits in the answer as ones, tenths and hundredths
· Solve simple measure and money problems involving fractions and decimals to two decimal places. Convert between different units of measure [for example, kilometre to metre]
· Identify acute and obtuse angles and compare and order angles up to two right angles by size.
· Compare and classify geometric shapes, including quadrilaterals and triangles, based on their properties and sizes.
· Identify lines of symmetry in 2-D shapes presented in different orientations.
· Complete a simple symmetric figure with respect to a specific line of symmetry.
This half term we are doing gymnastics and tag rugby.