Here at Berkswich CE we value the use of the outdoors throughout school in supporting learning and providing new opportunities for all children.
The purpose of Forest School sessions are to provide a hands on outdoor learning experience for all children.
The aims of our Forest School sessions are:
· To help children develop their confidence
· To develop an understanding of the world around them
· To encourage thinking skills
· To support children's holistic development alongside the EYFS and national curriculum
· To develop new skills through the use of tools, rope and fire work.
Through Forest School sessions we encourage children to take their new found confidence and skills through their school learning journey and wider life experiences.
The safe environment of Forest School ensures that children taking part naturally learn to assess risk and are encouraged to make sensible and informed decisions about how to deal with unfamiliar and unpredictable situations (such as exploring or climbing trees, using tools to build shelters and dens).