Every moment is a fresh beginning - T.S. Elliot
Here at Berkswich, we understand that starting in a setting can be scary, new and exciting all at once, not only for the children, but for the families as well. Therefore we provide several opportunities that enable a smooth transition, which will help the children settle into their new environment.
- Open days before the Nursery and Reception closing dates are available for all prospective families to visit the school. Led by one of the senior school, families can walk around, speak to the children, see the provision, meet the teachers and ask as many questions as they wish.
- Before your child starts, up to four transition sessions are arranged. Families are welcome to attend the first session to see how this works, see the teaching staff in action and join in the fun!
- Teaching staff will ask to visit your previous setting, whether this is home, a school nursery or childminders. This is to help our staff meet and talk to each child individually, so that we can meet the needs of each individual child.
- During the summer term, all families will be invited to attend a evening meeting, where they can learn about the day to day events within Nursery and Reception, look around the Early Years without children and ask questions to all staff members.
- Once you've accepted your place at Berkswich, you'll be invited to attend a range of events. This helps the new children see existing pupils partake in events that they will soon be a part of. These include nativities, musical extravaganzas, summer fayres and much more!
Along with these events, you'll receive a personalised welcome pack, which includes all the information you could need.
If you would like to arrange a walk around of Early Years and the rest of the school, please contact the school office and request a visit.