Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, regrettably we are unable to invite parents into school for a tour of Berkswich CE primary and nursery. We understand that choosing the right setting for your child is one of the most important decisions that you will make in your child’s learning journey. With this in mind, we hope to provide you with a range of opportunities to allow you to gain an insight into life as part of our special Berkswich community and the chance to ask questions. We certainly welcome the opportunity to support and reassure you as you organise your child’s first steps into Nursery and Reception. We are offering virtual meetings to provide an opportunity for new parents to meet our headteacher, EYFS leader and teaching staff. This will provide a great opportunity for you to ask questions and find out about our community and learning at Berkswich CE. Your child is a vital part of this process, and so we welcome them to join in with the meeting.

Reception slots

Tuesday 17th November 9am – 10:30am

Tuesday 1st December 3:30- 5:30pm

Tuesday 8th December 9am – 10:30am

Nursery slots

Tuesday 19th January 9am– 10:30am

Tuesday 2nd February 3:30—5:30pm

Tuesday 9th March 9am—10:30 am

To book your ten-minute virtual meeting on one of the following days please call the school office on 01785 337360 or send an email to

Please visit our admissions page to take a closer look at our Nursery and Reception classes, as well as our admissions arrangements. Thank you.

BerkswichCE Primary School

Achieve, Believe and Care

Translate Translate


What are School Policies?

School policies cover every aspect of school life. they address the practical implications of how to effectively achieve the school's strategic plan and its vision and are a vital means of ensuring that agreed values underpin day-to-day decisions and actions in our school. Policies are concerned with key processes within school and are about interactions between school, pupils, parents and community members; they are about ensuring highly effective teaching and learning, about safety and about basic human rights. 

For details of our use of the Pupil Premium Grant and Sports Premium Funding, please click on the Key Information tab on our homepage. 


If you would like to know our policy on an aspect that is not listed below, then please do contact school. Additionally, if you require a paper copy or an enlarged copy, then these will be made available from our school office; there is no charge for this service.

All Berkswich CE we have three categories of policy:


  • Statutory (S) - covering major strategic areas required by law, as stated by the Government's Statutory Policies for Schools document (November 2019). Where a policy is not statutory, but closely linked to a statutory policy it will be named Sb, Sc, Sd, etc.  These include policies related to, for example, safeguarding, behaviour and equal opportunities.
  • Good Practice (G) - additional policies not required by law but are deemed to be good practice
  • Curriculum (C) - policies on specific subject areas of the curriculum or wider school life. These are all discretionary.

Our policies are reviewed annually, bi-annually or in a few cases every three years. This is in accordance with statutory guidance or recommendations. We keep a document in school - Review of statutory policies' - which states the review timings, who 'owns' each policy and whether the policy needs to be ratified by a governor or the governing board.