Physical Development (PD)
- Moving and handling (MH):
- children show good control and co-ordination in large and small movements.
- they move confidently in a range of ways, safely negotiating space.
- they handle equipment and tools effectively, including pencils for writing.
- Health and self-care (HSC):
- children know the importance for good health of physical exercise, and a healthy diet, and talk about ways to keep healthy and safe.
- they manage their own basic hygiene and personal needs successfully, including dressing and going to the toilet independently.
Children have daily access to physical activity. Equipment is provided during playtimes, including bikes and scooters and the trim trail. Daily free-flow to outdoors ensures that children access physical challenges. Fine motor control, such as scissor control and handwriting, is addressed within continuous provision activities (where children have consistent access to materials, equipment and activities to enable them to learn).